Friday, June 12, 2009

So many names, all the same place....

There are so many names for this place. Everyone here calls it Holland, so when in Rome. I made it! The 11 hour plane ride wasn't all that bad actually, I have been on more 3-4 hour flights that have been more uncomfortable then this one. We were cruising at about 37,000 feet, in a massive double decker, jam packed plane. Not an empty seat in the plane. We flew up towards Canada then over Iceland and came down into Amsterdam at about 1:05 local time, that would be 4am, pacific time. I slept for a good 5 hours of the plane ride so that made it much smoother and more enjoyable. Poor girl that had to sit in the middle, she was miserable the whole ride. If she was only cuter I would have traded her....Totally kidding. Im sorry, no matter how cute of girl, I was not sitting in the middle seat for 11 hours.

Everything went well as far as bags and equipment, nothing major. I did though have some difficulty getting all the outlets and power adapters though to work. Turns out, right next to the door of your hotel room there is a pouch that your key goes into, yeah, you have to stick your key in there to enable the power for the whole room....I spent about 30 minutes trying to get my power adapters to work before giving up and calling someone. I felt dumb being the tech guy and having to ask that question. Now I know.

We had a quick practice today at the competition site in Rotterdam. It was a unique drive into the city of Rotterdam. Its the second largest port in the world. Everything is so green and lush here and there are rivers running everywhere, it truly is beautiful. I took some pictures, I will post them tomorrow....i'm exhausted from the travel and my body is shutting down for the night. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Well if there was ever a question if chivalry is still alive I think you officially killed it at 37,000 feet. Didn't your mother teach you anything? There is an article (http://usavolleyball.org/news/article/13418) that talks about the trip. They've got you listed as the TC! It even looks like Saturday's game will be streamed live (8am) on-line at www.volleybal.tv. - Good luck!

    ReplyDelete