Monday, June 8, 2009

All settled in...and ready to fly

11:23. One York Peppermint patty down, one more bottle of Arrowhead to go. Put my clothes in the dryer and off to bed for me. We had a sleep doc come talk to the team a couple weeks ago. It was interesting, he has a Ph.d from Yale in sleep habits, and works for NASA. World renown, from my understanding....but I wasn't impressed. He pretty much stated the obvious. Take naps, don't sleep in late, yadda yadda yadda he prescribed us all Ambient to sleep on the plane. And no, I didn't yadda yadda over the best part, I mentioned the nap.
I was nervous last night, a little stressed out. And I hardly ever get stressed but theres something about this job that makes me feel like I'm a part of something much bigger than what I even fathom. So with that, I wanted to give myself a day buffer, so I got all packed up with my gear and equipment, and EVERYTHING, so now I can rest easy tonight, stress-free, sort of. This first trip, I probably wont rest easy the entire 11 hour 5 minute flight, thinking...crap, I probably left something in my office. BUT, thats life. OH, and I am in charge of $4,000 dollars cash, which will be on my body at all times...thats not scary at all!...I did buy a book to read, 3 weeks with my brother, by Nicholas Sparks. I will let you all know what I think.

I plan on posting pictures as I get them from places I'm at, things I see. If I were my brother Nick, all the pictures would be cars...(inside joke from his junior high trip to D.C).

3 comments:

  1. Chris, I am so excited for you and can't wait to read all about your experiences over the next 4 years. Good luck carrying all that cash around....that wouldn't make me paranoid. :) Enjoy the trip to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Christopher! I am so excited for you! The book is fantastic! I loved it. Enjoy your fun journey and I'll sit back and admire your blog with severe jealousy! Have fun.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris!! We are all so excited for you and by the way that book is great, i really liked it:)

    ReplyDelete